Ano ang Tugon ng Ating Sektor?
The Filipinos’ generosity of spirit and solidarity with underserved sectors and communities have brought about a lot of local and national efforts to combat COVID-19. One pressing concern that has surfaced is - “How do we sustain that communities are able to reduce risks and boost local support in mitigation strategies?”
This webinar will feature experiences, learnings, and recommendations on how volunteer-involving organizations (VIOs), corporate and government provided COVID-19 interventions towards building community resilience, whilst ensuring that volunteers are not unduly exposed to high risk situations and upholding our duty of care. Aside from the PhilCV roster we will also invite other organizations and government agencies we deemed would benefit from this learning session (we’re targeting 200 participants).
By the end of the webinar the participants will:
- Understand how volunteer involving organizations (VIOs) ramped up the involvement of citizens as volunteers in strengthening ‘community resilience’ to the pandemic;
- Get some tips on providing COVID-19 interventions from community level to households level towards maintaining a COVID-free community and;
- Understand what practical support, guidance and partnerships available within our sector (i.e., within PhilCV network and with the government)
*PhilCV Pilot Project: Strengthening Volunteers’ Engagement and Social Inclusion in Building Resilient Communities to COVID-19
- Blas Ofelie S. Descallar, Executive Director, Jesuit Volunteer Philippines Foundation, Inc.
JVPFI volunteers maximize local influencers in bringing COVID-19 IEC intervention from communities to household level.
- Ma. Pia Paz Gan Uygongco, Executive Director, Uygongco Foundation, Inc.
UFI draws inspiration on how volunteers learn to be adaptive despite of many limitations brought by the pandemic.
- Josephine T. Estopil, Executive Director, Josefa Segovia Foundation, Inc.
How JSFI beneficiaries took ownership of the project and make it as catalyst to animate volunteers within the tribal community.
*Volunteerism in Action - Camille B. Buenaventura, Internal CSR Manager, San Miguel Corp.
*Government initiatives on sustaining “collective action” to collective resilience in times of crisis
Donald James D. Gawe, Executive Director, Philippine National Volunteer Service Coordinating Agency (PNVSCA)
- Webinar Partners -
In collaboration with:
Jesuit Volunteers Philippines Foundation, Inc.
Josefa Segovia Foundation, Inc.
Manila Water Foundation, Inc.
Ronald McDonald House Charities PH
Philam Foundation, Inc.
Philippine National Volunteer Service Coordinating Agency (PNVSCA)
San Miguel Corp.
Uygongco Foundation, Inc.